On the Road Again
>> Sunday, July 19, 2009
So yesterday I went for my first run since returning from GA vacation. I've learned two lessons from this...
1. DON'T wait until 8:15am in the summer to head out for a run, regardless of whether or not it's a "short" run.
2. DON'T take a week off from training ever again.
Not only was it really hot, but my legs felt like lead and it felt like I was trying to breathe with a plastic bag over my head. On a happy note, my ankle didn't hurt too bad after that blasted twist in Piedmont Park after Peachtree.
Today my legs feel pretty good - I can tell that I ran after a long break, but they're not really sore. My ankle is a bit sensitive though - which probably means I should start doing my physical therapy again, and pay close attention when I'm running so I don't roll it again.
Now it's time for breakfast and eventually a road trip to see one of Ryan's friends from back in middle school while he's visiting the Sunshine State!
0 comments: