Insanity at the YMCA
>> Wednesday, February 3, 2010
So today was quite an interesting morning in the Women's Locker Room at the B-Town YMCA...
After brutal strength training session I walk into the shower area to see a woman's leg sticking out from underneath one of the shower stall doors. I think "Holy Crap! One of these elderly ladies fell in the shower! Is she OK??!! I didn't hear anyone yell for help!!!"
Then I realize she didn't fall - SHE WAS SITTING ON THE GROUND SHAVING HER LEGS!!!! This just might be the most disgusting thing I've ever witnessed. E.V.E.R. Afterall, little kids use this locker room too...and we all know what can happen with a little kid in the shower when their bladder starts yelling "I've gotta go!". Just GROSS.
The next "locker room spectacle" I witnessed was a woman singing in the shower. AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS. And she was singing the same line over and over and over and over....well, you get the point. It sounded like a hymn from church, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing...But over and over and over??? And in a locker room shower?!?!
To top it all off, when she came out of the shower area, one of the other ladies in the room says "What a beautiful voice you have!" So of course, his meant more singing while the lovely soprano was taking her grand old time getting prettied up for the day. UGH!!!
Anyway, on a happy note, I've been on track with all of my workouts. I started running again over the weekend and it feels good to be back on the road. My goal is to complete the running leg of the Wildman Sprint Tri with no walk breaks. (I trained for and finished the Disney Marathon using the Galloway walk/run method). The extra push feels good, and the short distance makes me happy too!
Tomorrow I'll be back in the pool - feels like AGES since I was there on Sunday! Then a quick run afterwards. Before I know it, another week will have passed and I'll be closer to race day - hope I'm ready!
Happy Hump Day Everyone!

0 comments: