Sleeping Late & Pumping Iron

>> Monday, January 18, 2010

Today was officially the first day of my Triathlon training and I'm happy to report I'm on track with no missed workouts (seriously, I'm proud of this - better than "starting tomorrow"right?).  So, I'm giving myself a big shiny star for the day:




I'm doing this training program published by Hal Higdon.  It looks doable for a Triathlon newby, and most importantly it's free.  I'm modifying the first two weeks, no running while I recover from ankle/foot tendinitis after the Disney Marathon, so I'll be swimming or biking in place of the runs.  

Three things I learned about myself on this First Day:
1.  I am not a morning person.  (So I didn't just learn this...perhaps "re-confirm" is a better expression.)
2.  I've got puny muscles and need to pump some iron badly. (A la 1990's Arnold Schwarzenegger.)
3.  This is going to be harder than anything I've ever done.

Tomorrow is my first real swim - fingers crossed that I don't let the "professionals intimidate me" drown in the deep end!

1 comments:

Unknown January 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Good post babe. You'll do great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP