Thinking Cap Required

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Well folks, today was my first "two-a-day".  I rode with Ryan this morning - my 12 mile "half commute" - before work.  Then some strength training work at the grand old Bradenton YMCA.

Since I'm just starting back up with strength training I've stuck to the weight machine circuit.  It feels good to be lifting weights again but I can tell that "Circuit Land" is going to get boring FAST.  It's just not satisfying and since it's not satisfying I'm not pushing as hard as I should. But, I'm afraid to venture over into the VIP Section - the Free Weights.  Here's why:

  1. It's been about a year and a half since the last time I lifted a dumbbell or barbell.  
  2. It's is full of really buff teenage boys and their intimidating girlfriends who might kick my arse if I get in their way.
  3. I am not confident I have enough strength right now to keep good form.
  4. It just won't be the same without Leslie (my old trainer - she moved to Raleigh over a year ago & I gave up on the VIP Section after she left. )
  5. I can't remember what I'm supposed to do! 
So I have a decision to make - do I stick it out on the machines and try to make it a worthwhile experience?  Or do I buck up and venture over and pretend I'm a VIP again?  I'm also considering doing the Intro to Iron Pumping program the Fitnessista created.


I don't have another strength training session scheduled until Monday so I've got some time to make a decision.  Guess it's time to put my thinking cap on!  (Image source)

Tomorrow brings another try at swimming followed by biking - gonna try to squeeze both in before work.

p.s.  Ryan got a new computer and monitor tonight - I'm totally jealous!!!  (No offense to my trusty MacBook "Macky")

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP